The first graduating class of Cornerstone Christian Academy walked the stage in 2011. Having started with approximately 15 high school students, the school currently enjoys an enrollment of approximately 75 high school aged students. Students who graduate from the Academy are given a fully comprehensive college preparatory education enabling them to advance to a college of their choice. As students write their resume for successful entry into college, they have the option to include numerous curricular and extra-curricular activities to their list of accomplishments. Our students are attending such elite universities as Texas Christian University, the University of Texas at Austin, Texas A&M University and Oklahoma University, just to name a few.
- Coursework in honors classes are a viable option for students in grades 9-10, and we offer dual credit in college algebra. Each year we do plan to add more dual credit class opportunities that are taught on campus.
- BYOD (bring your own device) that is designed to introduce electronics into the classroom for electronic learning opportunities. All secondary students (grades 6-12) are required to bring a laptop or chrome book to class each day.
- Student community awareness and service comes more into focus as students are required to earn a minimum of 10 hours each year for a Recommended diploma or 15 hours for a Distinguished diploma.
- Academic opportunities advance through a student’s involvement in the National Honor Society that allows them greater community service opportunities, as well as consistent high academic achievement goals.
- 4-H club is involved in local Agriculture events in Hood County and other surrounding counties
- Other opportunities in high school include:
- Fine Arts – art, theatre, band and choir
- Praise Band
- Weekly Chapel services
- The Quest Yearbook Staff
- Leadership activities
- College and Career Prep activities
- Senior Internships
Click here to learn what you need to get done as you prepare to graduate.